Wednesday 21 May 2008

Kate Voegele's music career blossoms

Kate Voegele's music career blossoms



Twenty-one-year-old singer-songwriter Kate Voegele [ tickets ] has been on an amazing journey since she started writing and playing euphony at age 15. She's a veteran of Farm Assist. She auditioned for the WB's "One Tree Hill" (to "humor my director," she says) and was hired for the role of Mia even though she had no professional playing experience. And she's touring with pop colossus Natasha Bedingfield beginning in June. Only Voegele sees her greatest reach in being the first gear artist signed to fledgling MySpace Records in 2006. MySpace made her debut, ''Don't Front Away,'' its number one release and she stumble the road to advance it. MySpace then re-released ''Don't Look Away'' with a fresh cover on January. 22. They besides repackaged it with trey acoustic tracks for a Target scoop."MySpace was on instrument panel two days earlier 'One Tree Hill' ever came around," Voegele said. "They believed in me from the starting time. Without them and my management--everybody on my whole team--I think it would be impossible to be where I am now. That's in all probability been one of the greatest milestones in my career."That calling has besides been a hectic i. Finis fall, she juggled her tour with Matt Nathanson and her starring role on "Single Tree Hill." She toured with Nathanson on the weekends, and acted during the week."I would fly come out of the closet to represent gigs with Matt," she said. "I wracked up so many frequent flier miles because I was precisely in a different city every weekend. It was, like, aviate to Lawrence, KS, and then we drive up to MO then I'd fly to Wilmington [NC] to shoot 'One Shoetree Mound,' then I would fly to Chicago. It was insane. I figure if I potty lead the double life sentence thing and do it sensibly and give century percent in both areas, why not?"Although the acting gig is fun--she gets to perform her master music on the show--music is her first passion. A prolific writer, Voegele said she has enough material for 10 to a greater extent albums. "I have so practically clobber," she said. "As an artist, I'm constantly writing because I'm always inspired by everything that's going on about me. I'm having whole these amazing experiences, now that I'm on hitch and group meeting people and hanging out with everybody and eyesight fresh places; it's incredibly inspirational. I'm always writing. I can't wait to make in the studio once more, although I'm decidedly still very excited just about doing this record and riding it out." Later she wraps up the dates with Bedingfield, Voegele hopes to headline her have turn and continue her work on "One Tree Hill." (The dates with Bedingfield are listed at a lower place.)"There's something awesome almost opening and gaining newly fans and acquiring in front of people and beingness on a great posting with mortal like Natasha," she said. "Just, then, it's besides amazing to headline your have shows and see your fan base come come out of the closet just to discover you. That's a great thing, likewise."